Orthodontic Treatment for Adults
Healthy teeth can be moved at any age. More and more adults are choosing to pursue orthodontic treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining good oral health and want to feel better about their appearance. In Dr. Duncan’s practice, one in every three patients is an adult. Dr. Duncan and his team are skilled in understanding orthodontic issues that are unique to adults and in providing treatments that address their specific needs.
Why consider orthodontics now, at my age?
Orthodontic treatment can restore good function. Teeth that fit together and function optimally usually look better, too. And a healthy, beautiful smile can improve self-esteem no matter what your age. Other common reasons why adults are undertaking orthodontic treatment include:
- A bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Worn or missing teeth, causing other teeth to shift and tilt over time and create a bad bite
- Tooth decay, gum disease or bone loss caused by teeth that are crowded or spaced apart
- Abnormal jaw pain or pressure caused by crooked teeth
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen
- A desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
- New, discreet orthodontic technologies like Invisalign®
How is adult treatment different from that for children and teens?
Adults often have some wear on their teeth, gum and bone making their treatment potentially more complex than that of younger patients. Dr. Duncan will determine what orthodontic treatment you require and may recommend the help of your dentist and other dental specialists to ensure we achieve the smile you're looking for.
Our practice recognizes that adults and children have different needs and require a different level of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments from us and any other dental specialists who may be involved in your care, and that your needs are met with the utmost understanding and respect.
Click HERE to schedule a Complimentary New Patient Evaluation