Orthodontic treatment is an excellent investment in the overall dental, medical and psychological well being of children, teens and adults. We do our best to ensure that financial considerations do not prevent anyone from obtaining the important health benefits of orthodontic treatment, and will work with you to devise a payment structure that is acceptable to you and to us.
TREATMENT FEES & FLEXIBLE PAYMENT OPTIONS
During your Complimentary New Patient Evaluation with Dr. Duncan, you will be given a fee for the proposed orthodontic treatment as well as various payment options available to you. The fee covers all aspects of the proposed treatment procedures done in our practice. Procedures associated with orthodontic treatment that are done in other offices, such as tooth extractions or cosmetic bonding, are not included in our fee.
After the treatment fee has been explained, the following payment options will be discussed with you:
- PAYMENT IN FULL: A professional courtesy off the treatment fee is offered if you pay in full by cash or cheque before treatment begins.
- OFFICE PAYMENT PLAN: An initial fee is payable at the start of treatment and the balance is paid monthly. We'll work with you to set up a plan that meets your specific financial circumstances.
- MONTHLY PAYMENTS: Our in house financing option offers monthly payments spread over the treatment period.
- We accept PAYMENT BY cash, debit, cheque, Visa and MasterCard. With your authorization we can charge your monthly fee automatically to either your bank account or credit card.
As a courtesy to our patients we also offer:
- lower fees to multiple family members
- 24/7 secure online accessibility to view your account information, check your payment history, view current charges and print your receipts
Most insurance companies pay a portion of the orthodontic fee. There are countless agreements between insurance companies and employers, and each contract provides a different benefit. Orthodontic insurance generally differs from regular dental insurance in that each insured individual usually has a lifetime maximum benefit for orthodontic services. This benefit is paid as a percentage of the orthodontic fee until the maximum benefit has been reached.
How does our practice assist you with insurance?
For your convenience, immediately following your Complimentary New Patient Evaluation we will gladly assist you in obtaining all of the insurance information you require from your insurance company. We will also prepare a Canadian Association of Orthodontists form for the orthodontic services performed in our office for you to submit to your insurance carrier. Please be aware, though, that our primary financial relationship is with our patients and their families and not with their insurance company. We will help you however we can to facilitate a smooth and informed transition into orthodontic treatment for you or your family.
Click HERE to schedule a Complimentary New Patient Evaluation