Consider Invisalign to achieve the beautiful smile you’ve always envisioned without traditional braces. You’ll join nearly 5 million adults and teens worldwide who have chosen Invisalign!
Made to Fit Your Lifestyle
Invisalign is clear and virtually invisible to others, so nothing comes between your lifestyle and having beautiful straight teeth. Because Invisalign offers you comfort, convenience, and virtual invisibility during your orthodontic treatment, you can:
- be as physically active as you like
- be comfortable at work, at school, and at social gatherings
- feel more confident no matter where you go
- look your best during treatment
Invisalign has the added lifestyle bonus of needing less time visiting the orthodontist than traditional braces. After your initial appointments with Dr. Duncan to get you started, you’ll only need to visit our Victoria, BC orthodontic practice every 6 to 8 weeks.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign is effective for a wide range of smiles and can address issues including:
- overly crowded teeth
- widely spaced teeth
- overbites, underbites, and crossbites
The Invisalign system is a series of clear, custom made, removable aligners created with 3D computer imaging technology. You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, 22 hours a day, and remove them to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move little by little, week by week, until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Duncan has prescribed.
Dr. Duncan will see you at virtually every appointment during your Invisalign treatment. Some procedures will be performed by him in his capacity as a certified orthodontic and Invisalign specialist, and others will be performed by our clinic team. Our clinic team members are certified orthodontic assistants with specialized training and expertise beyond that of general dental assistants, in both traditional orthodontics and Invisalign.
The number of Invisalign appointments you need will depend on the complexity of your Invisalign treatment. At your Complimentary New Patient Evaluation, Dr. Duncan will assess your existing orthodontic condition, your treatment needs and the length of your treatment. The length of your treatment will dictate the number of appointments you require.
Getting Started with Invisalign
Starting orthodontic treatment with Invisalign is a very different process from starting with traditional braces. Three appointments get you started:
Day One: 25 minutes
- We use a digital imaging iTero camera to scan the surface of each tooth and digitally create a 3D model of your teeth. Between this appointment and your next, Dr. Duncan creates a personalized treatment plan based on the scan and instructs our Invisalign technician on how to build your ideal alignments and bite with aligners. Invisalign then fabricates your series of custom aligners and sends them to Dr. Duncan.
Three weeks later: 10 minutes
- You receive the first set of your custom Invisalign aligners!
One to Two weeks later: 50 minutes
- Tooth-colored bumps, called attachments, are placed on specific teeth to help secure aligners and aid in tooth movement. You receive your second set of aligners, plus further sets to change to every 1-2 weeks. After this appointment, you will see Dr. Duncan every 6 to 8 weeks for about 15 minutes.
An Important Difference
Orthodontists like Dr. Duncan who offer Invisalign have 2 to 3 years of additional fulltime university training exclusively in orthodontics beyond that of general dentists. As specialists, they personally instruct their Invisalign technician how to craft aligners for each and every Invisalign patient. No one but a certified orthodontist can provide this level of clinical expertise.
Click HERE to schedule a Complimentary New Patient Evaluation